Greater Atlanta Christian School
Date to Remove Posting
July 1, 2023
Lead College Counselor
Greater Atlanta Christian School (GAC) is a premier independent school serving over 1,500 students from across metro Atlanta.. We are Christians, change-makers, dreamers, aspirers, and hard workers. Together, we are raising a generation of bright, inspired, generous leaders. We share in a community where high academic rigor is matched by active faith and a deep commitment to care for one another in a collegiate-style campus. We live out our passions, our curiosity, our faith, and our pursuit to Be Greater.
We are seeking a dynamic, engaging individual that will be responsible for leading our counseling services in our high school grade levels in face-to-face, online, and blended environments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Converse with students in large and small groups and 1-on-1 settings while managing their behavior
• Counsel students
• Assist students, staff, and parents in making use of counseling services
• Coordinate counseling information and record keeping
• Assist in student scheduling and provide information about curriculum offerings in the program of study to staff, students, and parents
• Remain current in relevant professional organizations; review current literature and best practices in school counseling
• Participate in, coordinate, and conduct activities that contribute to the effective operation of the counseling program and the school
• Collaborate with the alumni coordinator to identify and develop networking opportunities for current students
• Oversee admissions data input and tracking using Naviance
• Support college enrollment, persistence, and completion
• Oversee data collection for annual report and program evaluation including GPA information, class statistics in testing data, application statistics (from Naviance), and demographic/home location statistics
• Manage college representatives coming on campus to GAC
• Communicate and highlight alumni success stories internally and externally for the benefit of students and faculty/staff
• Provide and facilitate senior class college and career workshops
• Prepare and disseminate materials regarding college and career success programs
• Promote current school college going culture and build strong foundations and stamina for success in college
• Assist seniors in finding scholarships and underclassmen in finding internships and job shadowing opportunities
GAC strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job that is engaged and passionate in promoting our faith-based mission for our students, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of the qualifications listed.
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to College Counseling; Master’s preferred;
• Valid Georgia educator’s counseling certificate preferred;
• College Counseling or College Admissions experience preferred;
• A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility, and responsiveness;
• An authentic godly demonstration of love for students and a desire to personally invest in their maturation;
• Excellent interpersonal communication, presentational communication, and organizational skills that will aid in growing relationships with students, parents, and faculty constituents;
• Ability to network and seek opportunities for students while developing higher ed relationships that aid in understanding changes for high school applicants in the college admissions process;
• Ability and willingness to reflect and improve practices;
• Ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of diverse family dynamics;
• Willingness to learn the details of the GAC academic program;
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues including faculty, fellow counselors, and high school administrators;
• Ability to work with Communications to highlight and promote academic outcomes and honors for GAC students;
• High School Principal
• Ensure a positive, Christ-like culture, and highly professional atmosphere for all students, families, and faculty in their varied roles of the GAC college admissions process
• Encourage and inspire students and families toward the future while also giving honest feedback about possible outcomes.
• Develop and maintain relationships with colleges and universities across the country to assist in positioning GAC students favorably in the college admissions process.
• Counsel high school administration on items related to college admissions
• Successful background check, reference checking, and drug/alcohol screening clearance;
• Acknowledgment and agreement of GAC’s Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
GAC offers competitive salary and benefits including:
All-inclusive dining program, onsite fitness center, professional development, healthcare benefits, student loan debt repayment assistance, retirement plan, and a Christian community of innovative, engaged individuals.
Comments are closed.