School: Greater Atlanta Christian School
Where: Atlanta, Georgia
Date to Remove Posting: July 1, 2023
Greater Atlanta Christian School (GAC) is a premier independent school serving over 1,500 students from across metro Atlanta. We are a faith-infused, academically rich community, ranked in the top tier for teaching quality, the arts, and athletics. We share in a community where high academic rigor is matched by active faith and a deep commitment to care for one another in a collegiate-style campus. We live out our passions, our curiosity, our faith, and our pursuit to Be Greater.
We are seeking a dynamic, engaging individual that will be responsible for teaching the Science curriculum in secondary school grade levels in face-to-face, online, and blended learning environments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining regular office hours and before/after school help sessions in order to advise and assist students in a variety of areas including potential careers in their related field of study.
• Assessing students and analyzing results; refining and differentiating classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
• Actively participating in the PK12 Science Professional Learning Community.
• Communicating regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
• Managing student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
• Actively participating in job-embedded professional development courses designed for the continual growth of the teaching and learning process at GAC.
• Identifying unique student needs and collaborating with team members to effectively address those needs.
• Living out the mission, vision, and core values of Greater Atlanta Christian School professionally and personally.
• Serving as a sponsor of student organizations and participating in campus and community events.
• Performing other related work as needed.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job that is engaged and passionate in promoting our faith-based mission for our students, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of the qualifications listed. Feel free to contact us with any questions about your application.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Science education is required; a master’s degree in Science Education is preferred;
• Current Georgia Renewable Teaching Certificate in Secondary Science Education is required;
• Knowledge of student cognitive development and various learning styles.
• Teaching experience of 3+ years.
• Success in teaching AP Environmental Science, and/or Oceanography is preferable.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
• Lead the classroom and other activities with a heart of Christ and be an example of Christ to our students;
• Create a curriculum that meets state/national/College Board and GAC requirements;
• Work with other Science educators to facilitate horizontal and vertical alignment of the curriculum;
• Committed to the growth and promotion of the sciences at GAC and in the community;
• Manage a budget and maintain facilities with integrity and honor;
• Willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices;
• Embrace innovation as a tool to teach, engage, and motivate students;
• Share GAC’s commitment to differentiated learning and exhibit comprehension of 21st-century learning skills, concepts, and tools.
• Interest to contribute the GAC school community outside of the classroom as an athletic coach, student advisor, student club leader, or assist with other co-curricular activities;
• Successful background check, reference checking, and drug/alcohol screening clearance;
• Acknowledgment and agreement of GAC’s Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
GAC offers competitive salary and benefits including: All-inclusive dining program, onsite fitness center, professional development, healthcare benefits, student loan debt repayment assistance, retirement plan, and a Christian community of innovative, engaged individuals.
APPLY NOW: HS Science Teacher
Comments are closed.