School: Brentwood Christian School
Date to Remove Posting: 05/31/2023
Brentwood Christian School is in search of a qualified Band Director to provide oversight and administration for the BCS band programs including 4th - 12th-grade instrumental music education, high school and middle school bands, pep band, jazz band and honor band; developing lesson plans and delivering instruction within established curriculum guidelines; assessing student progress; and supporting the school in its stated mission. This position will also assume the role of Fine Arts Department Chair.
The right candidate will be well-trained in the fundamentals of music, conducting and instrumental techniques, able to communicate effectively with parents, students and community members, and have excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Candidates should also have a Bachelor's degree in music or music education (emphasis in instrumental or conducting preferred), a valid teacher certification or ability to obtain within one year of hire, three plus years of experience in instrumental conducting in an educational environment or a Master's degree in music or music education and be 25 years of age with a valid driver license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record.
Apply online at
School: Greater Atlanta Christian School
Where: Atlanta, Georgia
Date to Remove Posting: July 1, 2023
Greater Atlanta Christian School (GAC) is a premier independent school serving over 1,500 students from across metro Atlanta. We are a faith-infused, academically rich community, ranked in the top tier for teaching quality, the arts, and athletics. Together, we are raising a generation of bright, inspired, generous leaders. We share in a community where high academic rigor is matched by active faith and a deep commitment to care for one another in a collegiate-style campus. We live out our passions, our curiosity, our faith, and our pursuit to Be Greater.
We are seeking a dynamic, engaging individual for the Band program in our high school. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Recruit and retain beginning band members in the elementary school.
• Teach or co-teach all band classes from beginning through advanced levels.
• Train students in proper fundamentals and musical concepts.
• Prepare each ensemble for concerts throughout the year.
• Participate in GMEA events including Large Group Performance Evaluation and Jazz Performance Evaluation.
• Register and prepare students to audition for District Honor Band, All-State Band, and All-State Jazz Band.
• Fulfill all GMEA member obligations including judging District Honor Band and All-State Auditions.
• Take students to enrichment clinics such as UGA Janfest and Midfest.
• Lead the marching band program including recruiting students, retaining auxiliary staff, organizing band camp, show design, football game performances, and competitions.
• Lead the jazz program including before/after school offerings for middle school and high school students.
• Encourage chamber music participation through the organization of after school chamber ensembles for middle school and high school students.
• Maintain inventory of school owned instruments, equipment, and uniforms.
• Maintain regular office hours and before/after school help sessions in order to advise and assist students in a variety of areas including potential careers in their related field of study.
• Assess students and analyze results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
• Actively participate in the PK12 Performing Arts Professional Learning Community.
• Communicate regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
• Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
• Actively participate in job-embedded professional development courses designed for the continual growth of the teaching and learning process at GAC.
• Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs.
• Support the mission, vision, and core values of Greater Atlanta Christian School.
• Serve as sponsor of student band organizations and participate in campus and community events.
• Perform other related work as needed.
GAC strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job that is engaged and passionate in promoting our faith-based mission for our students, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of the qualifications listed:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Music
• The successful candidate will possess relevant 5+ years of experience, with preference to candidates with High School Director or Assistant for Marching Band;
• History of successful participation in GMEA events: Large Group Performance Evaluation, Jazz Performance Evaluation, etc.;
• Consistently has students in District Honor Band and All State Band;
• History of successful competitive marching band;
• History of successful recruiting and retention strategies;
• Evidence of clear parent communication and ability to organize parent volunteers;
• History of professional leadership. Examples could include: guest clinician/evaluator for other school's band camps or pre-LGPE concerts, hosting district or state level GMEA events, presenting at GMEA conference, marching band camps, summer band camps;
• Understanding of time commitment expected;
• History of band participation in community events;
• Successful personal performance history (member of a top performing college ensemble, all-state band in high school, etc.);
• Ability to clearly articulate elements of music teaching philosophy;
• Evidence of vertical coordination with other band/music teachers (elementary, middle, high);
• Broad knowledge of band literature;
• Jazz and/or chamber music experience;
• Strong collaboration skills.
• High School Principal
• Fine Arts Director
GAC offers competitive salary and benefits including: All-inclusive dining program, onsite fitness center, professional development, healthcare benefits, student loan debt repayment assistance, retirement plan, and a Christian community of innovative, engaged individuals.
APPLY NOW: Band Director